WordPress Training Classes Offered
The training classes offered by the Web Guru are intensive, hands-on classes that will get you up to speed quickly.
Orlando WordPress Training Classes
The Web Guru lives in Orlando, Florida and travels nationwide conducting classes, workshops and custom training for groups and organizations. Some of the companies he has trained in Orlando and Florida are: NASA TV, NBC/Universal, Golf Network, WKMG News 6, and Dr. Phillips Charities.
About the Instructor
The Web Guru is an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) and Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Premiere Pro and many other Adobe applications. In addition to being an expert trainer, he is also a professional web developer who has created hundreds of WordPress websites. He also has an active YouTube channel where he produces training and instructional videos. Read more>
WordPress is the number one website content management system (CMS) in the world today. WordPress allows anyone with basic computer skills to create and manage a professional website with minimal training. WordPress has taken the web by storm and now runs millions of websites, including high-profile, high-traffic sites such as The New Yorker, BBC America, Bloomberg Professional, Variety, The Official Star Wars Blog and many others.
Why has WordPress become the most popular and widely-used website management tool on the planet? Here are just a few reasons:
- Free. Yes, it’s completely free. The creators of WordPress decided to give away their software and make it available as a free download on their website.
- Blogs and Websites. WordPress is most famous as the best blogging tool, but it is also a robust website management tool with advanced features.
- Easy to Install. Almost all of the major web hosting companies (Go Daddy, Blue Host, Media Temple) support WordPress and have one-click installs to add WordPress to your website quickly and easily.
- Open Source. This simply means that you and your web development team have full access to the source code of WordPress. WordPress is software that runs on your web server. Having access to the source code means that you can modify, extend customize and enhance WordPress however you wish, making it infinitely flexible and adaptable to your needs.
- Easy Access. You can login and manage your website from any computer in the world that has a browser and Internet connection. No special software, or downloads are necessary. This is great for someone who travels, or for a team whose members are distributed across the country or globe.
- Awesome Community. WordPress has created a thriving community of users and developers who are passionate about WordPress and continuously developing themes, templates and add-ons for WordPress. WordPress users also support each other through Meetups, online discussion forums and help sites. When you use WordPress, you are never alone!
- Extendable. A basic WordPress install has everything you need to get started with a blog and multi-page website. Looking for something more? WordPress can also be extended through apps, plugins and add-ons that can turn a simple website into a powerhouse. Some popular apps for WordPress can add: shopping carts & e-commerce, search engine optimization (SEO), social media integration, members only sites, image galleries, videos, email marketing, statistics & analytics, and much more. The sky is the limit!
Getting Started with WordPress
WordPress comes in two versions: WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.com (Hosted by WordPress, limited features)
Sites at WordPress.com are hosted on a WordPress server, and you don’t get full control over your site. The features are also limited. They are ok for simple blogs but not for professional sites.
WordPress.org (Self-hosted, all features available)
The professional solution is found at WordPress.org. These sites are hosted at your own domain name and on your own web server and you get full control over the site. Most people choose this option and all of the websites that the Web Guru builds use this option. The best way to get started is to purchase your own domain name and web hosting plan from a web hosting company, then ask them to install WordPress to your web server. They will normally do this for free. Then you will be ready to get started building your own professional web presence!
WordPress started in 2003 by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. WordPress is the most popular website management tool in use on the Web, supporting more than 60 million websites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
WordPress is an Open Source project, which means hundreds of people all over the world working on it. It also means you are free to use it for anything from a simple personal blog to Fortune 500 web site without paying a single fee.
WordPress is installed on a web server that is either part of an Internet hosting service or a network host in its own right. A local computer may be used for single-user testing and learning purposes. Features include a plugin platform and a templating system.
- WordPress.org, the official site
- Studio Press, great hosting and themes for WordPress
- Elegant Themes
- Theme Forest, largest marketplace for WordPress themes
WordPress Articles (Great reads!)
- With 60 Million Websites, WordPress Rules The Web, Forbes
- 8 Reasons Why WordPress is an SEO Powerhouse, Business 2 Community
- Amazon, WordPress Most Trusted Brands with Small Businesses, Small Business Trends