With some easy adjustments, you can quickly change your clip’s speed to slow motion and fast motion in Premiere Pro. Here’s how:
Using the Speed, Duration dialog box:
- In the Timeline, choose the clip that you want to change.
- Right-click and choose Speed/Duration, or click on the clip and choose Cmd-R (Mac), or Ctrl-R (Windows)
- For fast motion – choose any number above 100%
- For slow motion – choose any number below 100%
- For normal speed – set the speed back to 100%
Using Rate Stretch Tool:
- In the Tools Panel, click and hold down the Ripple Edit tool, 3 tools will be revealed.
- Choose Rate Stretch Tool (or click R)
- Using the Rate Stretch Tool adjust the speed and duration directly in the timeline.
- For fast motion – drag the edge of the clip and make it shorter
- For slow motion – drag the edge of the clip and make it longer
If you want to know the exact percentage of speed and duration change, you can find that by right-clicking the clip and choosing Speed-Duration.